Sunday 4 October 2015

Welcome to my blog!

I recently decided to start posting my photos on a blog, I think I may have exhausted my Facebook and Instagram audiences. So, here goes an attempt to share with people who enjoy and appreciate this hobby as much as I do!

This blog will be a collection of my travels both around the Province of Manitoba and abroad. My main focus in photography is wildlife.

 Ever since I was a small child animals have been an interest of mine. My parents introduced me to the world of wildlife at a very young age, and I grew up constantly fascinated with animals of all kinds. When I was 8 my grandfather gave me my first field guide and i was hooked on birding right away. When I was 15 I did my first volunteer work at a Veterinary Clinic. Following graduation I enrolled in a Vet Tech program, and started volunteering at a local Vet Clinic, a Ranch and a Wildlife Rehab Centre, where I had lots of hands on experience with the amazing creatures that share this province with me. When I was 18 I had the opportunity to go to Brazil, where I spent a lot of time teaching English and doing building projects in the States of Pernambuco and Algoas. I also got to do a lot of birding and herping there!

Now I am in  university, working on a Bachelor of Arts in Biology. I still go out when I can, and in the past few years I've begun to explore Manitoba more and more, finding my personal wildlife hot-spots.

My attempt will to do this chronologically, however i can't say I'll always be super accurate with dates.

Thank you checking out my blog, and enjoy! Comments are welcome as long as they are respectful and friendly!

No comments:

Post a Comment